Thursday, January 6, 2022

Bug-Out or Go-Bag: Homemade Survival Kits

Bug-Out Bag: Homemade Survival Kits:
"A go-bag should include everything you and your family might need to sustain yourselves for a short time."
"If you decide to stay, you still need provisions to last for several days and up to two weeks. I can't think of any natural disaster, in which it would be possible to stay home, that's gone two weeks before basic services were restored."
"Communication tools should be a top priority. A crank-powered radio to hear emergency news, a cell phone and even a satellite phone are all good ideas. A set of walkie-talkies is a good idea as well.
You'll need a "boo-boo kit" for small cuts and nicks, and a properly put together trauma kit with a tourniquet and combat bandages.
Food should be dried or canned. Include multi-vitamin packs and high-energy bars.
... I keep an AR with a Trijicon 4X ACOG ready to go with eight spare magazines carried in an Eagle plate carrier.
I also keep a Springfield Armory 1911 ... along with six spare mags ... a Glock 9 mm with three spare mags ... a S&W Model 60 with Crimson Trace LaserGrips.
Nighttime is most dangerous, so I have a set of BNVDs (binocular night vision devices) with the latest pinnacle tubes (the best I-squared tubes available). My AR has an ATPIAL infrared laser, which is the hot ticket for shooting at night while wearing the BNVDs.
... I have a SureFire LX2, the variable output LED that's the size of MiniMag Light, but about 18,000 times brighter."
"On my wish-list is an integrally suppressed Ruger 10/22 from Gemtech."
"A Leatherman Wave, Glock shovel and Strider BT combat knife round out my tools, and I keep a compass and GPS in a side pouch and a CamelBak hydration bladder is clean and ready to be filled."
"I also have a small bag with nothing but magazines for my guns and a backpack with several changes of socks and underwear, lightweight wind shells and my wife's clothes."

No comments: