Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Target stores mange to offend servicemen

American Thinker Blog: What the...?:

"Maybe it is just me, but I feel almost punched in the gut reading the story of Marines in dress uniform being kicked out of a Target store because they were suspected of recruiting!
...
Maybe I am a nut, but it seems to me that when you meet men and women who have chosen to serve our country in the Marines, men and women proudly wearing their dress uniforms, men and women who could and would face death to protect us, the only appropriate response in any normal circumstance is deference and respect. If one needs to talk to them for any reason, including possible violations of store policies for example, the assumption must be made that these warriors deserve the benefit of the doubt at all times. Be polite, be respectful, and go out of your way to see their side of things."

I really like Target's clean & bright stores better than WalMart, but they keep finding ways to offend me.

No comments: