Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tab Mix Plus FireFox plugin - Chaos Manor

Used and recommended :-)
Chaos Manor Reviews - Mailbag for June, 2009:
". . .
I just installed the Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.3 plugin because I remembered your mentioning that you use it to display multiple rows of tabs in Firefox. It took me a while to find it by searching www.jerrypournelle.com, but I really appreciate that you archive your 'columns' and make then searchable.

This is exactly what I need when I have a lot of tabs open - thanks!

There are so many Firefox plugins available now that it really helps to have recommendations from a trusted source."

3 comments:

Adrian said...

The version mentioned is not compatible with FireFox 3.5. As of July 27th, I'm using a beta version that is compatible with FF-3.5.
See - http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9864

I'm also using ColorFul Tabs, and they work well together make for an improved FireFox experience.
See - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1368

Adrian said...

As of this week (2 Feb, 2010) Tab Mix Plus seems to have a problem working with the latest FireFox release - 3.6
The symptom I'm seeing is random (but frequent) instances of FireFox opening only the first 2 tabs when it starts up. Disabling Tab Mix Plus corrected this at least once, so I'm going to leave it disabled until I see a new version out there.
My primary reason for using this add-on is to get multiple rows of tabs, because I usually start FireFox with 15 open tabs (sites I want to check daily).

Adrian said...

Tab Mix Plus also adds the feature of switching to a tab when the mouse pointer hovers over it for a few seconds. If the time delay is set too short this is annoying, but when set correctly I find myself relying on this feature.

BTW - clarify an earlier post, Tab Mix Plus did eventually release a "production" version (3.8.2) that worked well with FireFox version 3.6