Friday, December 2, 2022

How to remove 2022 Sienna middle row seats

I've been a Toyota Sienna owner ever since ... 2003. ... My daughter and son-in-law were interested in buying my 2017 Sienna with 70,000 miles so I happily sold it to them ... I bought this 2023 Sienna LE plus sight unseen as our dealership did not have any in inventory. ... there are quite a few changes (and not for the better) since the 2017.
  • First, I'm not getting near the gas mileage on this hybrid version as what Toyota suggests
  • They've eliminated a number of storage compartments in the rear cargo/passenger area,
  • removed one of the dual glove compartments
  • eliminated the rear clothes hooks
  • changed up the center console between the front seats creating more bulk with less storage
  • made the middle row of seats not removable.
I had asked my Toyota salesman at the time of initial purchase if the middle seats were removable with a latch and he had indicated they were. I use my van for business and primarily hauling cargo so the middle and rear seats are of no use to me. I was quite dismayed to find out the seats don't snap out like all of my previous Siennas. ... I did a little online research and found a youtube video on how to remove the seats and did it myself in about 15-20 minutes.
These middle seats also have airbags so if you are planning to take seats out, you'll need to order two little airbag simulator plugs to insert in the cables where the two seats were. This will cancel out the airbag failure warning indicators on your dashboard.
Be sure and follow the instructions in this video to disconnect the airbags and remove the seats.

No comments: